Tonight we had a celebratory dinner to kick-off all the big and exciting changes: the big move and my new job as a nanny. It will probably be a last home cooked meal for a few weeks. Sorry, but the post I make tonight will probably be the last for the next week or two. …maybe longer:(
- 4 Lipton natural tea bags
- 4 c water, boiling
- 4 c cranberry juice
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- Step tea in hot water, 5 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- Add tea to a pitcher with remaining ingredients. Chill.
- Makes 2 quarts.
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded out
- 1/3 c mozzarella, shredded
- 1/3 c pesto sauce
- 3 T sour cream
- Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine cheese, pesto, and sour cream. Spread over pounded chicken breasts. Tuck and roll each chicken breast around filling. Secure with toothpicks as needed.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat each stuffed chicken in bread crumbs, egg, and a second coating of bread crumbs.
- Arrange in a square baking dish. Bake 25 - 25 minutes.
Josh liked them so well, that he ate two!
- 3/4 c orzo pasta
- 1 c frozen sweet peas
- 1/2 c fresh asparagus, chopped
- 2/3 c Parmesan, shredded
- 1 T butter or ghee
- 1/3 c heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Boil pasta 5 minutes.
- Add peas and asparagus and cook 5 minutes more. Drain.
- Stir in cheese and butter until melted.
- Stir in cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
A perfect pair for Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Chicken!
Brownie Butter Cake
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
Brownie: In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt together 1/2 c + 1/3 c dark chocolate chips and 1/4 c unsalted butter, until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 c brown sugar. Beat in an egg and 1/4 c flour. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
Butter Cake: Beat 1 c sugar and 1/2 c soft unsalted butter until fluffy. Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time. Stir in 1/4 t baking power, 3 T milk, and 1 c flour. Pour over brownie layer. Return to the oven 30 – 40 minutes. Makes 1 loaf.
We ate so much chicken and pasta, we barely touched our cake, but the few bites we did eat were yummy:)
Source Recipe: Brownie Butter Cake | Brownie Butter Cake Recipe