Saturday was a whirl-wind kind of day. Both of the Littles had a classmate with a birthday party, so of course we found a way to do both!
It was also an unusually warm day that climbed into the 80s, so Josh declared a yard work afternoon. The boys helped Josh clean the gutters and picked up sticks so Josh could mow. I did the front yard leaf clean up that was never completed this autumn, while dinner cooked.
Slow cooked meals are such time savers. I need to try more of them, so I can find the ones that best suit our preferences. This one is okay, but I have high hopes that future recipes will outshine this one:)
- 2 boxes cheddar pierogis
- 1 pkg. turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1/2 lb. frozen broccoli florets
- 3 c chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 c shredded cheddar
- Add pierogis, kielbasa, and broccoli to slow cooker crock.
- Prepare chicken broth and stir in cream cheese until melted. Microwaving as needed to make the mixture smooth. Pour into slow cooker crock.
- Top with shredded cheese. Cover and cook on high 3 - 3.5 hours.
- The pasta was a bit gummier than I would have liked. Perhaps pierogis are best boiled or panfried:)