This year I offered to make Halloween Costumes for the Littles. I gave them a list of a half dozen choices and they chose the Knight/Dragon Duo.
The pattern worked well! My complaint was mixing such a strange combination of fabrics:
white duck weight cotton for the tunic, that falls to threads when looked at incorrectly
red felt for the accents, which was chunky and stiff
sliver stretch knit polyester velveteen, which was surprisingly agreeable to sew
polyester gold satin, which attempted to run away at every opportunity
The tunic required extra finishing measures. I ended up felling all the duck seams, so it wouldn’t tear the first time Little attempted to wear it! Quilting poly satin… never again!
In the two weeks between the completion of the Knight costume and Halloween, Little grew! So his costume was a bit snugger than I’d hoped.
Again, no complaints about the pattern, but the dragon costume had its own crazy obstacles. All of the back spikes and the tail required stuffing. Sewing stuffed components to non-stuffed components was a slow challenging process, of positioning, sliding, and re-positioning.
Poor Littlest had to wait half a month, watching his brother’s costume take shape before the pattern and materials arrived for his. He was crazy for the mittens, hat, and tail. He kept turning in circles to get a better look at his back side!
Our only complaint, this costume is the equivalent of wearing a blanket suit. In the North, where it is cool at this time of year, it would be great, but it was overkill, here in Texas.